Home  | FAQ  | Search  | Memberlist  | Usergroups  | Register  | Profile  | Log in  | Log in for your private messages
Can't add custom scroll bar style ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hhb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Can't add custom scroll bar style .... Reply with quote

Hello,

Have been trying to add a custom scroll bar style to the body section of aura.css. Adds okay, script still works, but the scroll bar does not display the style requested.

Have also tried adding simple scrollbar style code to the body_header template. Nothing seems to change the scroll bar style for the blog. Have also searched this forum for a clue, no luck.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

hhb
jakobkramer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I have tried to apply scroll bar styles in the same way (that is, either through the css-file or in the "blog_header" template file), but even if the styles are applied both places nothing happens.

This is very strange and the first time I have experienced this.

I took a look at the listed blog sites and found that only http://www.grekoart.com/index.php seems to have scroll bar styles, but the coding is quite complex, so I haven't been able to determine how this has been acchieved.

Does anyone have the solution to this problem?
jakobkramer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - of course I seem to find the solution the second I ask for help Smile

I added the scroll bar style code to the "blog_header" template in the "style" area, just like I did before.

When I then delete the very first line in the same document
Quote:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

the scroll bar styles are applied.

I have (quickly) tested the blog on IE 6.0, Firefox 1.5.3, Opera 8.54 and Netscape 8.1 and everything still seems to work fine (although the scroll bar styles are of course only applied in IE and Opera).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myWebland Forum Index -> Customization All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: