Home  | FAQ  | Search  | Memberlist  | Usergroups  | Register  | Profile  | Log in  | Log in for your private messages
The side menue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: The side menue Reply with quote

Hey, I'v been trying to display the side menue on another page - but every time i'v tryed I'v gottin an error, or gibbirish text. Once i got a 'you cannot access this page directly' msg. Can anybody help me out? or point me in the right direction?
my816797

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The side menue Reply with quote

Tyler wrote:
Hey, I'v been trying to display the side menue on another page - but every time i'v tryed I'v gottin an error, or gibbirish text. Once i got a 'you cannot access this page directly' msg. Can anybody help me out? or point me in the right direction?
What do you mean with "another page"? Is it a page that will be used 'inside' myBloggie, or...? What's the purpose of the page? I'd give it a try to help you out...
Tyler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: page Reply with quote

it would be my mainpage - not in mybloggie
Like an html main page

the idea would be to display the calendar or other parts on my main page. Only problem is i have no idea how to do it.
my816797

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you'd consider to make a duplicate of the index.php file, and remove all the lines containing markup and page-including that you don't want to display...

It'll require some knowledge of PHP and HTML to do what you want to do... But sure it's possible!

Last edited by my816797 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
my816797

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And well, because I just can't sleew right now (03.52 AM...) I created the "display only the calendar-script" for you...

Preview (script in action):
http://www.ipublications.net/hosting/wietse.com/_calendar_only.php

And I'm working on the source right now...
I suppose you want to include it into your website running at the same server?

Source at:
http://www.ipublications.net/hosting/wietse.com/_calendar_only.php?show_source=true

Good luck!

Oh and some explanation:

- First I made a copy of index.php and called it _calendar_only.php
- Then I stripped all the functions and rules that I didn't need from the source, only very few rules stayed in place.
- Then I copied the source of calendar.php and pasted it at the bottom of the newly generated _calendar_only.php, and replaced the 'PHP_SELF' string for 'index.php' in the function that generates a clickable link if a post is made on a day in the calendar...
- Added a HTML tag to use the CSS style-sheet, using the variable from the configfile with the templatename...

Save it and... You've got yourself a stand-alone calendar. Includable in any page you want using:

Code:
include("[PATH]/_calendar_only.php");

I can understand that it's possible that this all sounds like crap and shit for real "PHP-GURU's". In that case my only advise is to just keep on trying and analyse my code and source given above...

However, I commented the whole source of the script to help you out...

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myWebland Forum Index -> Customization All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: