Home  | FAQ  | Search  | Memberlist  | Usergroups  | Register  | Profile  | Log in  | Log in for your private messages
Final Solution RSS Problems!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorra
Honorary member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I just wosn't shure... I think that this was a link to the old version Razz

Dorra

PS
I can't make pagenavigation to work Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rolford

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: RSS not working in Google RSS Reader Reply with quote

@my816797

thx. for your appreciated work. but the feed does not show images, urls etc in google rss reader. check out:

http://www.google.com/ig/add?feedurl=http://www.wietse.com/rss/rss2

might be a small error in the syntax...
maffe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikarus79m

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I just implemented your new RSS code into my site, but Feed Validator tells me that my RSS feeds arent valid!

If you have a second could you take a look at my two feeds?

http://www.emotionp.com/tech/mybloggie/rss/rss2.php

and http://www.emotionp.com/tech/mybloggie/rss/rss.php

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Philipp

EDIT:

Hmmm, it seems as if always my last blog entry causes some kind of confusion! It looks to me as if it is seen as the blog descrition instead of a blog entry! Any ideas?
gorilla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks for fixing this Reply with quote

The RSS 2 feed seems to be working now. Thanks for fixing this!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
hhb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Thank you, a suggestion and request for help .... Reply with quote

Hello, am new to myBloggie and to this forum. Installed the program a few days ago for a friend, it works great, too! A really nice script.

Noticed that the RSS2 xml was including an entire blog post instead of just a few lines of description. Then I realized that the myBloggie dbtables have no entry spot for a short, article description. At first, I thought it was the original rss2.php scripting error. Searched these forums, found your improvements, and tried them -- works great, but still the entire blog post for a short description.

When I read the rss2.php code carefully (I know nothing about creating rss xml pages -- first time I ever saw one in fact), I realized that the description tag included the entire blog post because it was calling on the post table's message field.

So, tried a work around -- created a new dbtable for mybloggie that has only 3 fields -- id, subject, xml_desc (for short description). Then worked up the rss2.php page you so graciously provided to include the new table and match its subject field to the post table's subject field. Amazingly to me anyway, it works!

So, have this small rss news feed page on an older site -- you can get the feeds by selecting items from the dropdown menus there. Selecting a source opens a new page with the source's logo, headlines and short article description. Clicking on any headline opens the source for the reader.

Added the new test blog to the "Some Dawg News" section of the page. To see it, go to http://wcdbackup.net/rss/toc.php. Select "Who Let the Blogs Out" from the Some Dawg News dropdown menu, and there you'll see your code doing its best -- very nice, thank you very much indeed.

Now for the suggestion/request -- How can I add this feature to the myBloggie Admin edit page? For starters will just make a popup link, the user will have to paste in the subject of the new blog item so it will match the post table's subject, and that works okay.

But it would be a lot more convenient if the admin edit page included the "Short Description" feature, which would insert into the new short description table the post subject and short description.

Honestly, am about crosseyed by now, but when I looked at the edit.php coding just now, didn't have the energy to tackle it. Is adding such a feature possible, and if so, how difficult would it be to do that?

Thanks again for a great script, myBloggie, and for a completely working rrs2.php page, my816797. Thanks anyone for replies and suggestions, too.

hhb

PS LATER:

Tried to validate my revamped rss2.php -- got these errors:

1) Part of the pub date time format was incorrect -- corrected this by hardcoding the time zone as EST

2) Image used was too wide (> than 144 pixels) -- corrected image size

3) Had added an item <description> tag because the <content-encoded> tag printed out an entire blog post. Apparently, having both the item <description> tag and the <content-encoded> tag can be confusing to some readers. Removed the <content-encoded> tag.

Validated ....

Also, nevermind on the "add short description feature to admin page" help. Done ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myWebland Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: