Home  | FAQ  | Search  | Memberlist  | Usergroups  | Register  | Profile  | Log in  | Log in for your private messages
Spammer Problems - Please Help!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Spammer Problems - Please Help!!!! Reply with quote

Hi there, Everyone:

I am having problems with spammers adding comments and trackbacks to their sites, mostly adult oriented ones.

http://www.siamese-dream.com/blogs/index.php

I am using version 2.1.3

In the setting.php file I have changed the trackback setting from

$enable_trackback = 1;

to

$enable_trackback = 0;

However, someone is still able to post trackbacks (at least into my database), even though if you were to visit the trackback.php page, they would say that trackbacks are not allowed.

Another thing is that someone was still posting spamming me with comments which have html in them even though in the setting.php file I have:

1) $commenthtmlsafe = "yes";
and
2) $floodcontrol = 300 ; // in seconds

further, I am NOT getting notified by email when a comment gets added, even though in the setting.php file I have:

$receive_email = "info@siamese-dream.com"; //Email address of to receive comment notification
$emailnotification = true;

On the comments page, it does seem like the security code is enforced, but I guess someone has developed a work around???

Any help would be great. Even if it means disabling the comments and trackback features altogether. I thought about gong into phpmyadmin and just dropping the comment table altogether, but was afraid that would crash the program.

Thanks in advance,

mark
sean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, Please analysis the traffic & see who are accessing to trackback.php repeatedly.

Questions
1) Dont you required the comment feature ?
2) Dont you required the trackback feature ?
gorilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, Sean:

Thanks for the note.

I am not sure how to analyze traffic for my site unfortunately. I think I have access to the raw logs, but I don't have a program for reading them...

I don't really NEED the trackback feature.

I would like to have LEGITIMATE comments from my visitors (which I DO get) but get rid of all the spam postings.

Is there a way to filter out any comments with either http or www. in them so that the entire comment is rejected automatically, and maybe a warning saying, due to spammers, we do not allow posting of any web site addresses in our site.

I wold want the whole comment post rejected totally, not just the http or www part stripped out.

I do have the html safe for the comments turned ON in the setting file, but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,

Mark
sean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to your site, your comment & trackback is zero. I dont really understand your problem. It worked for me & Doora. Please show me some example to be filter off & html safe with doesnt work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myWebland Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: